Tombstone Jumping Devil Tombstone Jumping Devil

You, my friend, are still very talented I see.

RWappin responds:

Squeakytoad? What what whaaaaat?

Tarboy Tarboy

Brilliant

It's been over a year since I dished out a score of '10'. Very rarely do I get enough enjoyment out of a flash movie to give it top marks.
I also usually avoid writing reviews unless I have something different to say than the masses.

But I have to say what an incredible work you have here. Your mastery of a variety of animation techniques is continually displayed throughout your animations, and this is no exception. Unlike many of us, you really do have what it takes to make it professionally as an animator. This work blows the majority of televised cartoons out of the water.

You understand short film plot progression quite well. You effectively told us a very fantastic and broad story in a few minutes without making it feel short.
And it flowed marvelously as well. I must applaud the story-telling talent displayed in this narrative.

Your designs are wonderfully imaginative. You've created an entire world here of which I'd love to see more. Your characters and creations glisten with ingenuity.

You've set the tone skillfully. Every choice, from color composition, lighting, and perspective, aided in developing the mood of this piece. Heavily complemented by Hania's music, I might add, which deftly provided more than suitable atmosphere. Her soundtrack really pulled us in, helped keep us more than amply entertained.

Nice voice over work as well. How much does that talented team cost, if you don't mind my asking? I'd be interested in possibly having them on a future project of my own.

Finally, I'll wish you good luck in your future endeavors with this series and with other films. I have never found myself bored when watching a cartoon of yours. Usually I'm quite upset that they've ended.
Keep on animating, please.

Life with Navi Life with Navi

My that's original...

Because we've never seen a cartoon about how annoying Navi is and how much Link would like to take violent revenge upon her for the aggravation...

Really, I have nothing against short toons, but when the entire thing relies on a single bit of humor, the entire thing must be judged on that. You recognize this though, which is why I'm wondering why you went through with this idea...

Your art is charming though. I liked your backgrounds and you've got an interesting character style. Keep polishing that.

There's not much constructive criticism I can offer really. It was the idea that sunk this cartoon and the idea alone.
Well, your comedic timing is a little off. Work with that a a little more. Having the proper build-up and reaction at the right moment can go leagues to improve the viewer response.
Your expressions are well-depicted, but they're not exactly fitting. Try a few things out before settling with it.

You'll get quite popular quite quickly due to your gender. Hey, go with it. If the NG kids are willing to shower praise because you're female, it's not your fault. Go ahead and capitalize on that. Keep your cartoons cutesy (if that's what you like; if it's not, don't let them control how you express yourself).

Finally, you seem to be having fun with your animation, which is really the most important part. So hold onto that.

ArtistGamerGal responds:

I agree- I just wanted to be part of a collab to tell you the truth- I really didn't like how unoriginal it was either- like i said in my description. but this was just a short little thing so it was no big deal really.

Crush the Castle Crush the Castle

Excellent

Really addictive. I was disappointed when it ended.

I would've liked some sort of gallery for user-created castles from which players could select and play upon completion of the game. Would increase gameplay time while allowing people to show off their work (perhaps include a ratings system to weed out the poor).
Would've required some extra work, but it most certainly would've been worth it. As it is, people posting their design codes in their reviews isn't very fun.

The simplistic graphics were effective. Sound was great for the most part.

One other thing that bothered me was the minimum amount of credit given to Liam Bowmers. Aside from the preloader small font mention, his name isn't mentioned anywhere, not even in the credits.
Most decent programmers could've made this game, and the art's nothing special.
The idea behind it is really what drove it. I think more props should've been given to Bowmers, especially as this game is just a souped-up clone of his. There wasn't really any originality on the creators's part.

But yeah, a great experience and I'm glad you guys fixed up his game like this.

The best of those break-time flash games.

Pandemic II Pandemic II

Alas, Madagascar survives while the world burns.

And Madagascar, being the sole survivor while every other nation in the world was devastated completely, became an Eden from which the world would replenish its population.

Can't infect that island. Must be random chance. I had 0 visibility (no symptoms whatsoever) and they still closed down their ports (Madagascar has airports in real life, btw).

But anyway, aside from that pesky little floating jungle, I found myself dominating the world with ease on "hard mode".
But it was so fun.
Not very hard.
But really fun.
And addicting.
Great timewaster.

You really pulled through with this one. A worthy sequel (I'm still waiting for animations though, and a little more control and some more features- weren't many new additions to this game).
But much better than that expansion you made for the first one that bombed terribly with all audiences.

Great job on this game. Keep it up!

-st

Pandemonium! Pandemonium!

Fantastic!

Such a fun game. I love it.
The animations were great, and the incorporation of little movies into the game gave it so much more life.
Loved the level art. Everything was done just right there.

The sound effects were awesome. Really fit in well. Good use of them. The music wasn't the best, but I understand what a hassle than can be (from getting music you have rights to, to keeping the file size down, etc).

The gameplay was great. Loved the isometric design. And while the collect/avoid game is quite common in the flash world, I thought you did this one tremendously well.

Props to all you guys. Nice job.

Keep making these!

-st

Sapphire's '09 Voice Demo Sapphire's '09 Voice Demo

Finally...

A talented female voice artist with a unique voice on Newgrounds.
I will definitely be contacting you for future projects.
Kinda leaving a review as a way to bookmark this.
Quality stuff!

Mad World - Rock Mad World - Rock

Absolutely awesome.

What are you doing here? That was excellent. I'm most certainly checking out the rest of your tracks.
Only part I didn't like was the "Mad World" squeal. It was more of a cracking shriek really.
But man. I just had to review this. You did a great job. Keep it up.

PsychoGoldfish Is a Loser PsychoGoldfish Is a Loser

Poor.

How come it seems like every time you make something really awful, you try to excuse it by saying you made it in only a few hours?
If you can do better in a longer amount of time (which seems doubtful), why don't you ever?

You rhyme like a garage band full of fourteen-year-olds.
None of these rhymes work. Not to mention half this things sounds like it was written for the sole purpose of trying to rhyme with the previous line.

You can't rap either. I have no advice on how to fix this though. I can't rap. Nor do I attempt to.

Your voice sounds mildly retarded. I wouldn't point this out were I conversing with you in normal conversation, but you're attempting to make "music" out of your voice, so you've put it up to scrutiny, on Newgrounds no less. So take it without whining about criticism.

Your rhythm is absolutely terrible. Were I to try to dance to this or even tap my feet or clap to this I'd look like I had Parkinson's.

So don't mock the mentally disable.
Don't make more.

Also, PyschoGoldfish is a great guy.

The irony here is that the majority of you rant applies perfectly to everyone's perception of you, and, most likely, the reality of you.