Tombstone Jumping Devil Tombstone Jumping Devil

You, my friend, are still very talented I see.

RWappin responds:

Squeakytoad? What what whaaaaat?

Tarboy Tarboy

Brilliant

It's been over a year since I dished out a score of '10'. Very rarely do I get enough enjoyment out of a flash movie to give it top marks.
I also usually avoid writing reviews unless I have something different to say than the masses.

But I have to say what an incredible work you have here. Your mastery of a variety of animation techniques is continually displayed throughout your animations, and this is no exception. Unlike many of us, you really do have what it takes to make it professionally as an animator. This work blows the majority of televised cartoons out of the water.

You understand short film plot progression quite well. You effectively told us a very fantastic and broad story in a few minutes without making it feel short.
And it flowed marvelously as well. I must applaud the story-telling talent displayed in this narrative.

Your designs are wonderfully imaginative. You've created an entire world here of which I'd love to see more. Your characters and creations glisten with ingenuity.

You've set the tone skillfully. Every choice, from color composition, lighting, and perspective, aided in developing the mood of this piece. Heavily complemented by Hania's music, I might add, which deftly provided more than suitable atmosphere. Her soundtrack really pulled us in, helped keep us more than amply entertained.

Nice voice over work as well. How much does that talented team cost, if you don't mind my asking? I'd be interested in possibly having them on a future project of my own.

Finally, I'll wish you good luck in your future endeavors with this series and with other films. I have never found myself bored when watching a cartoon of yours. Usually I'm quite upset that they've ended.
Keep on animating, please.

Life with Navi Life with Navi

My that's original...

Because we've never seen a cartoon about how annoying Navi is and how much Link would like to take violent revenge upon her for the aggravation...

Really, I have nothing against short toons, but when the entire thing relies on a single bit of humor, the entire thing must be judged on that. You recognize this though, which is why I'm wondering why you went through with this idea...

Your art is charming though. I liked your backgrounds and you've got an interesting character style. Keep polishing that.

There's not much constructive criticism I can offer really. It was the idea that sunk this cartoon and the idea alone.
Well, your comedic timing is a little off. Work with that a a little more. Having the proper build-up and reaction at the right moment can go leagues to improve the viewer response.
Your expressions are well-depicted, but they're not exactly fitting. Try a few things out before settling with it.

You'll get quite popular quite quickly due to your gender. Hey, go with it. If the NG kids are willing to shower praise because you're female, it's not your fault. Go ahead and capitalize on that. Keep your cartoons cutesy (if that's what you like; if it's not, don't let them control how you express yourself).

Finally, you seem to be having fun with your animation, which is really the most important part. So hold onto that.

ArtistGamerGal responds:

I agree- I just wanted to be part of a collab to tell you the truth- I really didn't like how unoriginal it was either- like i said in my description. but this was just a short little thing so it was no big deal really.

F U Clock - P.I. F U Clock - P.I.

Got to write a serious review.

Bravo. Your use of lighting splendidly set the tone. Your grasp of composure is remarkable. Your signature gritty shading works well with this genre.
Your art, for the most part, was immaculate as usual.
Perspective seemed a little off at times. Not too shabby though. Some of your shots are perfect.
As for the animation, I'm a huge fan of your life-like frame-by-frame, but I felt with this piece I was watching too many symbols just tween around.

Fantastic script. Don't apologize for relying on the cliches, man, that was what made the humor so perfect. It was all quite appropriate. Campy, yet suave.
The level of 'cool' emanating from this piece is off the charts.
You always make the most epic stuff. I get shivers of awesome as I watch your movies.

Keep it up. Great, great work.

FUClock responds:

Thanks for the review, man. Always nice to hear some critical feedback.

I agree with your assessment that there were too many tweens as opposed to straight fbf. With a full-time job and Clock Day deadlines I didn't have a ton of time, sadly. But I'm glad to hear you liked it/ my movies in general. Thanks again.

The Clock Day Party The Clock Day Party

Happy Clock.

Lovely soundtrack choice.
Snake market dialogue was priceless.
Good stuff. They don't make em like this anymore.

FRUIT FRUIT

Quality stuffs.

Always loving you, Munglai.
Your fresh style and original ideas make me feel like there's hope for flash animation.
Also you're the father of my child.
But it's mainly your art.
Keep it up. Don't stop believing.

!!! 2 LEGIT 2 QUIT !!! !!! 2 LEGIT 2 QUIT !!!

i luv dwarfy

But only giving a 7 because I forgot this was loading in the background and the ripping sound scared me. :(

Also I'm not too fond of Clocks. I usually don't like their movies, but this one I like.

Peace out.

Promote Communism in your neighborhoods.

-Toad

WKUK Russian Roulette WKUK Russian Roulette

This is just wrong...

I log in to see what's new around here and find on the front page with a 4.47 and 75,000 views... a two-second barely animated black-and-white pseudo-stick animation that ripped the audio from Whitest Kids U Know.

Hey, sure, you credited them. But really though... what did YOU do here?
There isn't really anything done here.
Your effort is minimal.

Every millimeter of success here is owed to WKUK for a skit they already created.

Seriously?

MILK - animated outtakes MILK - animated outtakes

Well done.

Your score is bizarrely low. Though considerably short and not requiring great lengths of effort, this cartoon is definitely enjoyable.

(Usually) I feel length is irrelevant when a cartoon accomplishes its objective fully within a short period- anything beyond that is superfluous.

This was funny. The voice was spot on. The character animation was excellent.

The cracks were great and the final remark rings so true. Gotta love it when a writer actually mocks something that no one else is afraid to say but everyone knows.

Well done and I look forward to seeing more from you. Everything thus far has been superb. You're definitely an animator I'll be keeping an eye on.

The Dungeons and Dragons The Dungeons and Dragons

Matt, you remain one of my favorite animators.

Your writing is brilliant. You art accomplishes what it needs to. And your voice acting is hilarious. Yours is some of the only "comedy" on Newgrounds that genuinely makes me laugh.
You're also the master of parody. Frankly, you're one of the few who does it right. Humor is your first priority, not simply making a parody for parody's sake.
I, as always, am looking forward to your next project. Everything else pales in comparison, as far as humor goes.
Please keep animating!